Hormone Replacement Doctor in San Diego
Dr. Ghayouri M.D. is a menopause doctor in San Diego. As an endocrinologist she understands that your health depends on hormones. They stabilize many of your body’s systems. Progesterone, testosterone, and estrogen must be kept in balance in order to optimize a health menstrual cycle, fertility, libido, muscle tone and healthy bones.
Your hormone replacement therapy prescribed by Dr. Sarah Ghayouri offers many positive benefits, whether you are before, during, or after menopause. The benefits include higher energy levels, better weight management, improved skin tone, and more if you are presently menopausal or about to be. Your body’s immune system, metobolic rate, and sleep can deterioate when hormones are inbalanced, and even lead to diseases such as endometrial cancer, breast cancer, heart disease, and osteoporosis.
Possible Benefits of Estrogen Include
- Improvement in lipid profiles with estrogens.
- Enhanced endothelial function, which may occur in young healthy women starting estrogen therapy with menopause but not older postmenopausal women with coronary disease.
- Improved insulin sensitivity.
- Estrogen may protect nerve cells from excitotoxins and act as an antioxidant to shield nerve cells from free radical damage.
- Estrogen in various forms can provide relief of vasomotor symptoms, and the use of the transdermal or transvaginal route should be considered.
Potential Adverse Effects of Oral Estrogens include:
- An increase in serum triglyceride concentrations.
- Prothrombotic effects.
- An increase in hepatic synthesis of vascular inflammatory markers such as C-reactive protein.
You should come have Dr. Sarah Ghayouri give you a quick women’s hormone test if you are approaching or in menopause, especially if you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Are your menstrual cycles irregular, or with heavy bleeding or spotting?
- Are your periods painful?
- Do you have hot flashes, vaginal dryness, night sweats, urinary incontinence, mood swings, depression, or changes in appetite or sleep?
- Is your interest in sex decreased?
- In the week before menstruation are you having headaches, irritability, breast swelling, bloating, or mood swings?
- Does your face grow excess hair?
- Does vaginal dryness make intercourse painful?
- Does your family have a history of breast cancer or ovarian cancer?
- Are you are risk of heart disease due to smoking, overweight or family history?
- Have you unsuccessfully tried to conceive for a year?
About Menopause and Hormones
51 is the mean age when most women experience menopause, which usually occurs between ages 45 to 55. But your health may begin changing when you approach 40, resulting in hot flashes, sweating and other symptoms.
Symptoms of menopause can include decreased sex drive, insomnia or disruption of sleep, fatigue, dryness of the vagina, hot flashes, night sweats, joint pain, emotional problems, and urinary issues. San Diego Doctor Sarah Ghayouri can treat menopausal women with estrogen treatments or other hormones that are unbalanced.
Make sure to read our comprehensive study on menopause for more information.